“Intimacy is like putting your wiener on a table and having someone say ‘That looks like a penis… only smaller.’” The Love Guru
It’s been forever since I’ve blogged. I’ve been completely uninspired lately– sometimes the wheels of
my red r8 creativity just don’t turn… Anyway last year I wrote a list of things I’ve learned over the years and I just came across them, which albeit a little trite, are still relevant so I thought I’d share them:
1. Life is too short to be bundled up for so many months out of the year. Live the eternal summer.
2. Never rush. We are where we are where we are.
3. Wash your hands and NEVER touch your face.
4. Forgive people. And not for them but for you; if not you will always dwell in a house of pain.
5. Communication is everything. We have language for a reason.
6. Hug often.
7. Be open minded. Work to overcome inherent judgementality.
8. Never stop learning, growing, laughing, loving.
9. Value the relationships you make above everything. People are all we have in this life.
10. Peanut butter, raisins and honey are good on just about anything.
11. Work hard, because there isn’t shit else to do. i struggle with this but it sounds good on the list
12. In case of emergency breathe deep. drink fast. or call 911. feel it out.
13. Gaucho pants work on nobody.
14. Balance is subjective.
15. Have an identity outside of your family, friends, work and lovers.
16. Death discriminates against no one.
17. Don’t wait; for people. success. happiness.
18. Calling someone ignorant makes you sound like Michael Jackson. and really fucking ignorant.
19. Have a heart. Stress kills.
20. Don’t stand idly in open doorways, arches, steps and passageways. Move out of the way.
21. Push yourself. But sometimes it’s okay not to eat the coconut scorpion braised Argentinian scaled watersnake.
22. Vacation. In sick locations. locations. locations.
23. Treat. yo. self. and if you’re my family treat me too.
24. Turtlenecks are creepy.
25. Love maddeningly deeply.
26. Legalize it already.